metalgallery.co.uk is an online shop operated by Jasmine Limited, a private company incorporated in Scotland under company number SC082975 and has a registered office at New Jasmine House Greenbank Place, East Tullos Industrial Estate, Aberdeen, Scotland, AB12 3BT. Registered VAT number is 384 6129 32
metalgallery.co.uk is committed to protecting the privacy of its website users and those who consent to receiving marketing emails from our company.
Personal data we collect
We collect personal data from our website using Google Analytics to anonymously track how users interact with our site. This involves installing Google Analytics code on our website in the form of a ‘cookie’. Cookies contain an ID number which is assigned to a user and provides us with the following information:
- Your IP address (An IP address does not provide identifiable personal information)
- Your visits to our website
- The time of your visits and the length of time you spent on our website
- The pages that you visited
- Your location (although this might be influenced by the location of your server)
- The browser you are using
- Type of operating system
- The device you are using (e.g. desktop, tablet or mobile)
- Referral source (how you arrived on our site, e.g. search engine, direct url, social media or third-party website).
If you would like to opt-out of Google Analytics monitoring your behaviour on our website, please use this link (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/)
Alternatively, you can also clear cookies after every browsing session.
Otherwise, use a tracking blocker such as Privacy Badger - www.eff.org/privacybadger - a free browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera.
We also collect the following personal data from website users who subscribe to our email newsletter:
- Email address
When you purchase an item from metalgallery.co.uk the following personal data is collected to allow us to process your order:
- Email address or mobile phone number
- Phone number
At the point of placing an order, a user can choose to opt in to future marketing emails from metalgallery.co.uk by giving explicit and informed consent through ticking the box ‘Keep me up to date on news and exclusive offers’. Users who provide consent can remove this at any time.
Without your consent we will not send you any promotional mailings.
metalgallery.co.uk can be found on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. These platforms are an important part of our marketing effort, so you may be presented with an ad from time to time. We target ads at audiences that we believe match the profile of our target audience and would therefore be interested in our products.
These platforms are run by commercial companies and metalgallery.co.uk is not the Data Controller or Data Processor of your social media profile. You should contact these social media platforms directly if you have concerns over how your personal data is being used and stored by them.
From time to time, metalgallery.co.uk may use re-marketing ads, following your visit to our website. These ads are designed to remind you of metalgallery.co.uk and may be presented to you on your Facebook account or via websites that you visit, platforms such as YouTube, mobile apps and as a result of your search activity on search engines such as Google and Bing.
- We use re-marketing to advertise online to people who have shown an interest in our products following a visit to co.uk
- We use third party vendors such as Google to show you our ads on sites that you visit across the Internet
The purpose behind collecting information
metalgallery.co.uk collects and stores personal data for the following reasons:
The anonymous tracking of website behaviour is to provide metalgallery.co.uk with statistical information which is collated in aggregate form to help us improve user experience of our website and for marketing purposes.
Provision of our newsletter to those who have subscribed.
Provision of other requested information such as news and exclusive offers to those who have subscribed.
The personal details of those customers who have purchased goods from metalgallery.co.uk for metalgallery.co.uk to process a transaction.
Your personal data
metalgallery.co.uk will ensure that information provided by you will be stored securely and remain confidential with the following exceptions:
- As an e-commerce business co.uk will need to disclose your personal details to track and fulfil deliveries with courier companies.
- The hosting of our website and associated data is carried out by Shopify - https://www.shopify.co.uk who provide the e-commerce platform on which co.uk is built. They only process information to provide the functionality of the website.
- We use MailChimp to execute all our email marketing campaigns and manage our subscription lists. MailChimp stores their data in the US although they comply with EU – United States Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – United States Privacy Shield Framework.
We will not transfer any personal data out with the European Economic Area or to any third party without your knowledge.
In light of a personal data breach, whether accidental or unlawful, we may need to disclose your personal details to the regulatory authority. In this instance it would be to the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office), the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
metalgallery.co.uk is committed to protecting the personal data of all our website users and subscribers to our email marketing campaigns. You have the following rights:
- To be informed about the personal data that co.uk processes on you
- Access to the personal data that co.uk processes on you in written form
- Receive a copy of your personal data and amend it if it is incorrect/inaccurate or has changed since first supplied
- Erasure of your personal data subject to legal and regulatory compliance and crime prevention
- Restrict processing of your personal data
- Data portability that allows you to transfer it to another data controller
- Object to the processing of your personal data when it is based on public or legitimate interest
- Not to be subjected to automated decision making and profiling
- Withdraw consent at any time
Where you have consented to metalgallery.co.uk processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent, at any time, by contacting the Data Controller (details below).
If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact our Data Controller to have the matter investigated.
Data Controller Contact Details
The Data Controller for metalgallery.co.uk can be contacted as follows:
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone Number: +44 (0)1224 893900